Monday, January 5, 2015

Pantone Color of the Year 2015

Recently, Pantone announced their pick for the 2015 color of the year: Marsala. It can best be described as a burnt orange/red. I think the color is great for fall! The style options with the color are almost endless for fall and even winter. I think it's also a great color that can be used in makeup looks as well. Dark lips, eye shadow looks, or even blush would look great with this color. I myself own a lipstick that looks very similar to the color. On the side of clothing, I'd like to see this color as an infinity (to be paired with neutrals such as white and navy) and a pair of pants or leggings. The only down side to beloved Marsala? I'm not sure how easily it will translate into spring or summer looks. The color reads rather dark to me. However, I'm excited to see what others come up with. Who knows, I could be pleasantly surprised!

Note: image is from www.pantone.com

XOXO
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment