Monday, April 13, 2015

Travel Journal: Memphis,TN

Hi everyone! Today I wanted to show y'all what I did during my recent visit to Memphis, TN. I only sent a couple hours there. I was passing through on the way to Nashville (my travel journal about that will be up soon!). I was still able to see a lot in those few hours though!
 
This was on the bridge crossing over the Mississippi River before getting into Memphis. I thought it was a cool picture!
 

The Beale Street sign! How could I go to Memphis and not take a picture of this street sign!?



Hailey (my sister) and I are posing with the car of Jerry Lee Lewis. But I'm not going to lie. I admit that my parents had to tell me who he was after the picture was taken!

Elvis Presley; the king of Rock n' Roll! This was on the side walk as we walked down Beale Street. I just had to snap a picture of it.

This is the sign for the restaurant we ate at for lunch. It's called Pork on Beale!
 

Here's a picture of my lunch; a regular pulled pork sandwich. It was so good! It really was one of the best things I've eaten in a little while. For a girl born in the Midwest, I sure am Southern at heart when it comes to pork! 


We got to go to Sun Records too! It's where all the greats of Nashville made it big, including Elvis!

Here's a little info about Sun Records.

Had to add in a picture of the building itself!

Overall Thoughts: It was not my favorite place (compared to everywhere else I have traveled to) However, I'm glad I got the chance to go there! I got to see some pretty cool things and eat some really good food!

XOXO
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment