Monday, May 25, 2015

Canvas Art

Hi everyone! Today I wanted to kind of show you the process of making this canvas art! Please keep in mind that I am no artist. I know that this will not serve as a tutorial to help anyone. I just wanted to take you along on the process. I hope you enjoy!

So, there whole reason I did this project in the first place (I'm not one to just pull out paints on a whim, however, I wish I was!). As part of being a senior in Student Council, we are all aloud to paint little canvases (like the one in the pictures bellow) however we like. The canvases are then hung up on the wall in the Student Council office with the ones from pasts years. It's a way to leave our legacy with many Student Council classes to come.

Now, I would lying if I said that this was easy for me. I was unsure what I wanted mine to look like. And if I did decide, I didn't believe I had the artistic ability to pull it off. But, overall, I am so pleased with how my canvas turned out!

So here's how I did it:


I started with acrylic craft pink in the color Neon Pick from the brand My Studio, and covered the whole canvas with it. It did take multiple coats to get it to look how I wanted it.


Progress update photo:


Next, I took gold metallic acrylic paint from the brand Folk Art, and painted a lot of medium sized polka dots all around the canvas.


Progress update photo:


Lastly, I took a black Sharpie paint pen and wrote both the Shakespeare quote from A Midsummer's Night Dream "And though she be but little she is fierce." as well as my monogram.



THE FINISHED PRODUCT!:


XOXO
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment