Monday, June 29, 2015

How I Feel About: High School Graduation Part 2

Hey everyone! A few weeks ago I did a post about how I was feeling about my upcoming high school graduation. You can check out the full post {here} but to sum it up, I was so excited and was not upset about it one bit. However, I did promise to update y'all after I had actually graduated. Now that I've walked across the stage, received my diploma, and even attended college orientation, I thought it would be a good time to sit down to share my thoughts and feelings.



I'm still very excited for the future, that much hasn't changed. At SOAR (my college orientation) I had the chance to really get a start to learning my campus and meet new people who I think could become real friends. I got to register for classes (which was so exciting, though stressful) and even started to think about a possible minor (currently I'm thinking about double minoring in Reading Education and Urban Youth and Communities).

I'm still not sad about being done with high school either, although it has really set in that I will never be in high school again. I don't regret anything from high school and it was good to me. I just see it as a chapter that was ready to be closed.

However, I think the major change in my feelings is that I've finally realized what an adjustment my new life as a college student is going to be. Before, I believed I would live a very similar life to the one I had in high school. I'm still living at home (the college I'm going to is literally 20 minutes from my doorstep) and I was a very busy girl in high school. But SOAR showed me how different it will be. My schedule is going to change dramatically. The people I interact with will change dramatically. The things I focus my life around will change dramatically. I will be much more in charge of my life as well. After SOAR I had a long list of things to do (figuring out how to buy textbooks and buying a parking pass to name a few) and I got very overwhelmed. But then I realized that I had to take charge, get things done, and if I did that everything would work out. Now, that list of stuff isn't completely finished if we're all being honest here, but I'm more confident in knowing I'm capable of doing it.

XOXO
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment