Monday, September 28, 2015

Blogging Difficulties


Hey everyone! So many of you may (or may not) know that I've been blogging for only a short time. I started my blog on kind of a whim in January of this year (2015). I was so excited but didn't really know what to expect. Although I so enjoy it, I do struggle from time to time with some things. So I wanted to write this post about my blogging difficulties to show that I don't have it all figured out just yet (hoping it would encourage others dealing with struggle) and also to see if I could gain any insight from fellow bloggers. So my question would be to other bloggers who are reading this post: How have you dealt with these difficulties? Thanks in advance for everyone's feedback and I hope you enjoy as I open up to all my readers.

Telling people in "Real Life" about my blog.
By people in "real life" I mean family members (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins) and people I go to school with. Since the beginning I have always been hesitant to tell these people about my blog or show them my content. Not that I don't want them to see it or that I'm not proud of it. I was just very fearful of all of the negative things that could come out of it. Recently, I have been much more open about my blog with the people in my life, but I'm always wondering in the back of my mind if I'm making the right decision.

Self Promotion.
I've never been someone to brag. Anytime I talk about something concerning myself I'm always trying to stay humble. However, part of blogging is putting yourself (and your content out there). Of course that's something I want to do- I am very proud of my content. However, I do wonder if there's a limit. Is there a such thing as too much self promotion?

Time Management.
Honestly, blogging takes up a lot of time. And so does the many other things that make up my life. I'm a college student with a lot of beautiful and amazing things on my plate. So I've really been trying to figure out the best way to mange my time and decide how much time I want to put into blogging. It's really something I enjoy and want to continue doing it. I just have to find that balance!

So fellow bloggers, I'd love to hear from you! Do you struggle with these things? Have you found ways to deal with them? Or do you have your own difficulties with writing a blog?

XOXO
Faith

*Please don't take this post as me complaining about blogging, saying that I don't love to blog (or my readers), or saying that I no longer want to blog. I just wanted to be real with my readers about things I struggle with from time to time. I love to blog and don't plan to stop anytime soon!

6 comments:

  1. I can definitely relate to all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging is like a low/no paying job with the time it takes, but it is so much fun! No shame in self promotion for your own website, and as far as letting friends/family now you blog as long as your aren't shaming them don't worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel ya sister! I struggle with all of these also- I blogged a little about it here (http://letters-to-jayna.blogspot.com/2015/06/discover-new-blogs-liebster-award.html). It is hard wanting to grow and expand your readers, but not feel supper confident about the reactions of the 'real life people'. I think it's something all bloggers deal with at one point or another. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete