Friday, September 11, 2015

Here and Now


Each day I learn that the best thing for me is to focus on the here and now. Planning too far ahead only leads to scrambled plans, disappointment, unneeded stress, and the infamous "what if" game. But so much more is lost than that. You miss out on the present. You don't see the beauty around you. You let the many blessing of your current life pass you by. You allow what you believe you future needs to look like overpower what your life already has at your disposal.

While in high school I spent so much of my life planning for the future. I spent so much of my life making sure I was prepared for tomorrow. I spent too much time in the future and too little in the moment. I thought a lot about  what college I was getting into and what I was doing with the rest of my life instead of thinking a lot about the blessings I already had. Now I'm ready to make the present a priority. 

So I want to challenge you {as well as myself}. Focus on the present. Be in the here and now. Stop to see the beauty and blessings around you. Make now a priority. Don't let the stress overtake you. Don't let the "what if" game run your life. Don't let your future spoil your current life. At the end of the day, we are never promised tomorrow, so be fully invested in what is promised- the here and now. I just want to encourage everyone to get the most out of your life. You deserve to fully love your life.

XOXO
Faith

2 comments:

  1. Nice post!
    http://kainaatbaloch.blogspot.com/
    Let's be friends! Shall we?:)

    ReplyDelete