Monday, October 5, 2015

18 Things I've learned in 18 Years


1. You're dreams may evolve or change altogether, but never give up on them. We're crazy sometimes. Sometimes we realize our dream isn't something we want anymore and something else is truly want we want. No matter what that dream is, no matter how may times its changed, don't give up on your dreams. Always go after your dream. 

2. You're important too. In the midst of helping others, never forget your own worth. Your just as important as everyone else. You deserve amazing things. You deserve respect and love. 

3. Love always conquers hate. It's easier to hate, it's easier to get stuck in too. Love isn't always easy, but I promise you it'll prevail. 

4. Sometimes you need that day you don't get out of bed. It's ok to take a break. It's ok to rest and don't ever feel less about yourself because you feel tired. 

5. Chinese food will always be delicious. It'll always be my favorite. End of story. Fried rice? YAS. 

6. Take the time to learn about other countries and their culture. It's important to recognize that things exist outside of your own experiences. Taking the time to branch out and learn about those things will enrich your life. 

7. You'll never regret being kind. If we're being honest, we aren't always kind and we don't always want to be kind. But if you make it a point to be kind, even in those moments of weakness, you'll never regret it. 

8. Ya know- mom and dad are right sometimes. I think to the countless times they tried to take control of my decisions and how mad I got about it. Now I know that they knew exactly what I needed and where I belonged. 

10. Always desire to discover new things. No matter what it is. Gaining new knowledge is always a good thing. Ignorance isn't bliss. 

11. You're not perfect. And that's 100% ok. No matter how hard we try, we'll never be perfect. There's always going to be something. But let it be encouraging to you that there's absolutely nothing wrong with imperfection.

12. DANCE Never give up a chance to dance and have fun. It's those moments that make you feel alive. 

13. A relationship with God is so necessary and so beautiful. The older I get the more apparent this becomes. I can't put into worlds how I truly feel about Him. I'm just so happy to know that I can grow to know a God who loves me so unconditionally. 

14. Life is to short to focus on tomorrow. Live in the moment. Thinking about tomorrow will stress you out. Living for today will make you happy. 

15. Reality TV will always be too good to pass up. Call it the proverbial train wreak if you will, but I'll always be obsessed with reality TV shows. What's not to love about Big Brother and Survivor?!

16. Life flys by. Enjoy every minute of it. I may only be 18 years old, but I've honestly found this to be so true. I blink an eye and I feel like a day, a week, or even a month have gone by. So I really think it's important to find the joy in everything.

17. You can never have too much jewelry. Well maybe you can, but that doesn't make me love it any less!

18. You're going to judge and have bias, that's normal, but that should NEVER effect how treat anyone. I believe this to be one of the most important things my parents have ever taught me, like ever. So may things happen when you choose to put any preconceived ideas about someone and just give them a chance.

XOXO
Faith

2 comments:

  1. #15 is literally me. No, all of it is, but I'm glad I've found somebody else who loves Big Brother and Survivor as much as I do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah! I'm a little bit obsessed. HAHA. So glad you liked the post!

      Delete