Saturday, October 31, 2015

Jornal Jar Prompts



Hey everyone! A little while back I wanted to get back into journaling, so I came up with the idea of making a Journal Jar (it's simply a jar full of writing prompts that I can pull out at random whenever I want to write). I decided to blog about it (the post is linked here) and a few people expressed interest seeing the list of prompts I actually ended up putting into the jar. So I thought I'd go ahead a list them in a blog post!

First I just wanted to tell y'all how I came up with the prompts. Some I found online. If you just google "Journaling Prompts" tons of list posts with many ideas come up. I looked at many different sites and just picked and chose which ones I wanted. I also made a few up. While searching online, I got a couple ideas for something else I thought it would be really fun to write about.

So here they are...!

My favorite way to spend the day is...
 
Make a list of things that make you smile
 
The words I’d like to live by are...
 
I couldn’t imagine living without...
 
Make a list of the people in your life who genuinely support you, and who you can genuinely trust.
 
I really wish others knew this about me…
 
What would you do if you loved yourself unconditionally?
 
Name was is enough for you. 
 
What do you love about life?
 
Describe yourself in 10 words
 
What’s surprised you the most about your life or life in general?
 
I feel most energized when…
 
I feel happiest when...
 
Make a list of questions you need answers too. 
 
Make a list of things that inspire you. 
 
Write the words you need to hear. 
 
Make a list of everything you’d like to say no to
 
Make a list of everything you’d like to say yes to.
 
What scares you?
 
Are you a worrier? Is there a particular worry that you can’t shake? How do you cope with worry?
 
Dear past me...
 
Dear future me...
 
List places you've enjoyed visiting. 
 
List your top 5 short term goals
 
List your top 5 long term goals 
 
Respond to this quote “What in your life is calling you? When all the noise is silenced, the meetings adjourned, the lists laid aside, and the wild iris blooms by itself in the dark forest, what still pulls on your soul? In the silence between your heartbeats hides a summons, do you hear it? Name it, if you must, or leave it forever nameless, but why pretend it is not there?” — The Terma Collective
 
What is the dominant emotion in your life right now?
 
List your 10 favorite activities. 
 
List your 10 favorite foods. 
 
 If you could change one thing about your present life, what would it be?
 
If you could live anywhere you wanted, where would you live?
 
What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
 
What grand adventure do you wish you could go on?
 
What are your best character traits?
 
What would be the guest list at your dream party? What would the various guests talk about?
 
What's a country you'd like to visit? How do you imagine your time there?
 
By what do you measure your value as a person?
 
Why do you write?
 
What is your ideal birthday present? Why?
 
What do you think courage means?

What things do you think are beautiful?
 
What is your current state of mind?

What's your motto?
 
How do you want to be remembered?
 
What is the best decision you have ever made?
 
If you had to describe yourself as a color, which would you choose?
 
Describe your day today from when you woke up. 

Write your life mission statement.
 
What are the "what if's" cluttering up your mind right now?
 
What are you grateful for?
 
What are 5 things you want to know/learn?
 
What achievements are you most proud of?
 
What did you accomplish today?
 
What communities do you belong to (online and in the real world)?
 
Do SOAP bible study with "Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth." John 17:17

Do SOAP bible study with "We are his workmanship, created in Jesus Christ for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them" Ephesians 2:10

Do SOAP bible study with "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

Do SOAP bible study with "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart. I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Do SOAP bible study with "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 72:26

Do SOAP bible study for "When my heart is overwhelmed lead me to the rock that is higher than I." Psalm 61:2

Do SOAP bible study for "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

So SOAP bible study for "I will walk by faith even when I cannot see." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Do SOAP bible study for "I can do all things through Christ who strengths me." Philippians 4:13

Do SOAP bible study for "When I was brought low, He saved me." Psalm 116:6

So SOAP bible study for "One God and Father of us all, who is above all and through all and in all" Ephesians 4:6

Do SOAP bible study for "Perhaps this is the moment you were created for." Esther 4:14

Do SOAP bible study for "He gives me peace." John 14:27

Do SOAP bible study for "I have made you and I will carry you. I will sustain you and I will rescue you." Isaiah 46:4  
I
Do SOAP bible study for "Creat in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

Do SOAP bible study for "But where sin multiplied, grace multiplied even more." Romans 5:20

Do SOAP bible study for "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you." Psalm 56:3

Do SOAP bible study for "Jesus replied "you do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."" John 13:7

Do SOAP bible study for "He will be our peace." Micah 5:5

Do SOAP bible study for "Every good and perfect gift is from above." James 1:17

I hope y'all enjoy these prompts! Feel free to find one (or many) that speak to you and sit down to write! I'd love to see which one of these you like, or maybe even some of your answers to them! Comment on this post or even contact me via email/ social media if you want to share. Maybe you love one of these prompts. Maybe you want to share your thoughts. Maybe you even made your own Journal Jar! Happy Writing!

XOXO
Faith

3 comments:

  1. Yay, thank you so muchhhh! I am totally going to use these! Question- what does the SOAP stand for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO glad you like them!!
      SOAP stands for Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer! Email me if you have any more questions :)

      Delete
  2. These are so cool! I'm gonna start journaling!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete