Saturday, October 10, 2015

Journal Prompt Jar

Hey y'all! Today I want to tell y'all about a simple little project I just started- my journal prompt jar!

So let me preface this post with some quick background: a few weeks ago I was having a hard time getting to sleep and I was starting to let things get to me and stress me out. I know what it's like to be super stressed; I didn't want to do that to myself anymore and frankly I needed some sleep! So I decided I'd try journaling before bed to help me. I've always loved to write and Lord knows I've got enough notebooks to handle my ramblings for a while. I found that it was working. But I also found that my writing always focused on what I did that day, which was only moderately effective in shutting my brain down.

So I thought journaling prompts were a good way to kind of focus my writing. So I decided to make a journal prompt jar. 

It's really simple- I just looked online for journaling prompt I liked or ones I felt like I'd really be able to write about and added some of my own. I typed them up and cut them out into individual strips. 


Then I just put them in a jar that was already at my house. The plan is to pick one out of the jar each night and just write! 


I thought this was a really cute and fun idea that I just had to share! If y'all want to see the prompts I put into the jar I can totally do a blog post on it- just let me know if that's something you'd want to see! And I'm on fall break right now so I've got a craft project planned that I'll be blogging about so keep a look out for that one too!

XOXO
Faith

2 comments:

  1. Ohmygoodness, I love this! I do enjoy journaling a lot, but I go through phases:) It really helps me get in quiet time and unwind from the day. I am totally going to do this and would love to see the prompts!
    -Elissa
    letters-to-jayna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked the post and I can totally do a post with the prompts at some point soon!

      Delete