Friday, December 18, 2015

Fall 2015 Semester In Review

                                               

Hey everyone! Now that I'm officially done with finals and enjoying winter break I really wanted to just sit down and just sort of share some final thoughts on my first semester of college. So here are some thoughts on the semester!

It was much harder than I thought it would be.
Who would've thought my biology lab would take so much out of me?! HaHa. Not only that, being in total control and having total responsibility for your daily life has been way more difficult than I imagined. I was someone who thought high school was very easy, and expected college to be the same, however, I quickly learned that it does take a lot to be successful.

I have learned so much more about myself than I thought I ever would in college.
This semester really has taught me so much about myself. I've gotten to dig deeper into my beliefs (specifically when it comes to education). I've realized exactly how much I need and desire Jesus in my life. I've learned the true severity of my need for control (which I'm working on daily). I've learned just how important positivity is to me. I've learned that I am capable of being successful in college, even though it is difficult.

I am so proud of the direction I'm headed.
This semester I decided that I wish to double minor in Urban Youth and Communities and Sociology. I'm super proud of myself to be following my dreams and going forward with this despite the vast fear I still encounter at times.

I'm so glad I've met some of the people I have.
I have met some great friends and great professors that I believe have truly made this semester possible for me. Without them I really have no idea what I would've done. I'm so thankful and blessed to have people like them in my life!

I have had so much fun.
College has really offered me the opportunity to have so many different experiences that I've enjoyed so much. Sporting events, the Walk Now for Autism Speaks, and even deep discussions I've had in some of my classes have really made this semester great. I can't wait to see what fun and adventure I'll have in semesters to come!

I'm so glad I decided to live at home.
People are always asking me about my decision to live at home during college and I was unsure about it myself to be quite honest. However, this semester has really shown me that I did make the right choice. I need to have the ability to be on campus and be "in the know" but I also need time at home with my family to decompress. I need the 30 minute drive alone to relax. I need the little bit of normalcy my home brings at the end of the day. It may not be for everyone, but it was the right choice for me. 

I'm right where I need to be. 
There have been times where I've really soured some of my decisions. However, this semester has really shown me that I am making all the right decisions and I'm right where I need to be right now to succeed. 

Overall, I'm so happy with how this semester went and am so ready to have a great break & then get back to next semester! To be truly honest, it's been the craziest semester of my life. But I'm so appreciative of every minute of it! Later in December or early in January I'll be writing about the upcoming Spring semester so look for that if you're interested!

XOXO
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment