Thursday, January 28, 2016

Psalm 27:1

{source}
"The Lord is my light and my salvation- whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life- of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

For me, this verse is such a powerful reminder that we have nothing to fear- no reason to be afraid. The Lord is our light, our salvation, our stronghold and that's enough.

I often get wrapped up in fear. I fear I won't be able to handle my new course load. I fear that maybe no one cares about my blog after all or even worse, that people make fun or it. I fear I'm not good enough or quipped enough to carry out what the Lord has call me to do. I fear I'm not a good enough friend or sister or daughter sometimes. I fear what people might say about me. I fear what people might think about me. 

But this verse reminds me that these fears are unwarranted. They're unneeded. There're dead weight I don't have to carry. With the Lord, we have nothing and no one to fear. 

The negative words people say cannot hurt me. The negative words I tell myself cannot hurt me. Any fear about my worth or ability doesn't matter.

And I am so comforted by this. I am so comforted by the fact that the Lord is greater than all these fears. I am so comforted by the fact that the Lord offers us a light, salvation, and a stronghold.

Today I hope that someone reading this feels free. Free from the fear, the dead weight. I hope you find peace in your light, salvation, and stronghold- the Lord.

XOXO
Faith


No comments:

Post a Comment