Friday, January 15, 2016

The Best & Worst of Blogging: A Guest Post


 
Hey, everyone! It's Sophia from 5thAvenueUrban.com here! Today I'm doing a guest post and I couldn't be more excited! In case you don't know me, I'm a sophomore in high school who loves fuzzy socks, J. Crew, and chai tea. My blog, 5thAvenueUrban.com is a fashion and lifestyle blog so make sure to go check it out! 

When you hear the word "blogger", you probably think of a girl who's always photogenic and has the perfect life but what you see is only the tip of the iceberg. The 10% you do see doesn't even compare to the 90% of work going on behind the scenes. 

As a blogger, you have to present your best self to the world and that isn't always easy. I can't tell you how many hours I've spent trying to nail the perfect flaylay or how many nights I've stayed up editing posts. 


Don't get me wrong, life as a blogger has some serious perks! Because of my blog, I have been given opportunities to represent and work with amazing companies as well as build life-long friendships with other bloggers. 

I have met so many awesome people because of my blog thanks to social media. Commenting, liking, taking, and posting pictures is so important to creating a good reputation for your blog. 

You seriously don't understand how good it feels to know that people like your blog and read your posts. Good feedback gives me motivation to keep posting!

But, being a blogger also means wearing boots, leggings, sweaters, and scarves in 85 degree weather because you need winter pictures for your new post. You WILL look crazy. 

The other day I was at lunch trying to take a picture of my food and I swear everyone in Panera had their eyes on me. Can you say "awkward"? 

Time is also a huge part of blogging. Planning, writing, and editing posts takes a large chunk of time out of my week and sometimes I have to cancel plans to finish up; but it's all worth it. 

In the end, I wouldn't trade my blogger lifestyle for anything. This amazing, fast-paced, photography filled life keeps me on my toes! Every day bringing new ideas and new opportunities that most people my age only dream of. 

If you liked this post, make sure to head on over to my blog, 5thAvenueUrban.com, and follow me on Instagram (@5thAvenueUrban). 


No comments:

Post a Comment