Thursday, February 25, 2016

It's Not Figured Out Yet & That's Ok


Hey everyone, today I just want to be real with y'all. At the beginning of the school year I found out that I had the room in my course work to double minor. At the time I was very excited and totally ready to jump into both endeavors. This semester I am even taking prerequisite classes for each minor. However, the smooth ride ends there. From the beginning of the semester I've really enjoyed one prerequisite class, but have not enjoyed the other at all. I found myself reading the textbook without question for one class, while I've driven home in tears after the other.

For me, this has been pretty difficult to deal with. I've always felt like I've had a good plan for my life and have always done what it took to keep to that plan. But this semester is making me think that maybe I made the wrong choice. Maybe this minor is the wrong fit for me. Maybe I shouldn't persue this one minor after all. 

What's even worse, I stay unsure about what I should do. I'm torn between the passion I thought I had at the beginning of the process and the sadness I sometimes feel towards it currently. I've never been someone to struggle with indecision, but right now I really don't know what best for me. 

I still may be working through this, but there is something that this had taught me. It's ok to not have everything figured out. This indecision is not the end of the world. I will make a decision when the time is right and that decision will be what's best for me. 

So I just wanted to remind everyone out there to take your time. Don't feel like you have to decide just yet. You don't need to have it all figured out just yet either. You'll figure it out. You have plenty of time. Trust yourself and your process. Remember to believe in yourself! Your current indecision has no bearing on your future success.

I hope this helped someone today! Feel free to talk about what your struggling with in the comments, on my social media, or in my email (all in the contact me tab!) Maybe I can talk something through with you!

XOXO
Faith


1 comment:

  1. This is so helpful! I am graduating college in May and life is so scary to think about!! Sometimes you need a little reassurance!
    -Olivia
    Miss Olivia Says

    ReplyDelete