Monday, February 8, 2016

Taking A Break In College


Hey everyone! Today I wanted to be honest with y'all. I'm about a month into my second semester of college and I'd be lying if I said its been easy. I have more things going on in my personal life than last semester and some my new classes are requiring a lot of extra time outside of class. I'm someone who's deeply routed in routine, so this drastic change has made me have to find my grove again, if you know what I mean. So throughout all this, I've really found the need to step back and take a break. So that's what I really wanted to talk about today.

Honestly, none of us can do everything- none of us are perfect. The truth is we all burn out eventually. That's why it's so important for us college students to stop take a break. College courses are a lot of work, you have lots of different things going on in our social lives, and you're just trying to figure things out as you go in the process. All of this is really draining. If you keep on going with our lives without taking a break, you're doing yourself a disservice. Your classwork will suffer and your grades may drop. Your relationships will suffer. Your health will suffer. That's why it's so important for us college students to stop and take a break. 

Taking a break can look like different things for everyone. Some people enjoy yoga classes, some color, some wrote out scripture, others watch Netflix/Hulu. Whatever it is for you- it's important to know what it is that recharges you and to actually do it! College isn't easy- but we're all capable of doing great- just remember we need some rest too!

I sometimes feel guilty about rest or feel like I shouldn't need it- but that can't be further than the truth. Some time to take a break and rest really helps me to do my best. I believe it will do that for you too!

I hope this helps a college student out there remember to take a break and rest. Feel free to leave in the comments the way or ways you like to relax! 

XOXO
Faith

4 comments:

  1. I totally understand! Thanks for the great reminder Faith; I've been feeling crazy and overwhelmed also. I will be praying for you sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's always good to be reminded that its ok to rest!

      Delete
  2. This post really speaks to me, Faith!! In the past, I have always tended to work so hard that I actually work to the point of exhaustion and feeling burnt out. This year, though, I definitely take some "me" time each night before bed to relax. It actually helps me to both become more productive with accomplishing my homework, and it gives me something to look forward to the entire day. Usually what I do for "me" time is to give myself two hours (it sounds like a lot, but if you're good at managing your time, you can make it happen!) and start by tidying up my room from the day (probably have clothes everywhere and makeup all strewn about, knowing me lol!!), then listening to an ASMR video on YouTube, then coloring in an adult coloring book, then writing in a journal, and then reading a magazine or book! <3

    xoxo, Brooke ( www.ThePinkLyme.com )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked this post AND that you're making sure you have "me" time. It's so important!

      Delete