Wednesday, March 2, 2016

5 Ways to Make the Most of Your Spring Break "Staycation"

Visit http://www.ncprepsters.com/ to see the other posts in the link up!

Hey everyone! Today I'm taking about Spring Break as part of a Spring Break link up hosted by Olivia of NC Prepsters. So this is my first spring break as a college student, but I'm being real with y'all- I have no huge plans to vacation this year. However, that doesn't mean I can't make the most of my "staycation" Spring Break! And I think you can make the most of yours too if you are staying home this year! So below I've got 5 ways to make the most of your Spring Break Staycation! The first 3 are a little more active while the last 2 area little more for the person looking for some relaxation so I think I've got something for everyone!

Have a "Girl's Weekend"
You're bound to find a friend without Spring Break plans- so have her spend a few days at your house with you! Even if it's not actually Saturday and Sunday it would be so fun to have a little "girls weekend." This also has endless possibilities of what you could do together! Maybe you can do a few things I mention below, maybe you can cook together, maybe you can go out to eat! No matter what you do together, this is one great way to make the most of your "Staycation."

Workout
Now if I'm being honest, sometimes workouts fall by the wayside when school is in session. We're all busy right, and sometimes something's go to give! But Spring Break is a great way to either cleanse or get back on track. This is also open to a lot of different options! You can attend a Zumba or cycling class. You can take a walk or go for a run. You can find some great workouts on Fitness Blender!

Do a DIY or craft project 
I'll get into these crafty moods sometimes where I'll just love to craft! I've even blogged about some of my projects in the past so here is a list of links to all crafts I've featured on Faith's Girly Life...
Pumpkin Painting
Journal Prompt Jar
DIY: Button Bookmarks
Canvas Art
But if getting super crafty isn't you're think- maybe coloring in a little coloring book would be the perfect creative outlet for you!

Binge watch your favorite TV series
Come on, we all have those TV shows we'll spend all  day watching and never be bored. Spring Break is a good time to get some binge watching done because you more than likely won't have any school work you'd have to make sure it all together. It's perfect if you're someone who needs to just chill out and rest during your time off!

Read that book you've been wanting to read
Here's another idea for people who need their rest and need to recharge! If you're into books, Spring Break is a great time to go some good reading. Now, I know this one isn't for everyone, I myself do a lot of reading for school, so sometimes I like to give it a rest. However, I do know some people really love to read and so do I at the end of the day, if I find the right book. I think this is still a great option to make the most of your "Staycation." I actually have a few books I might try to read this year during my time off!

I hope you enjoyed these ideas! What do you think of them? Do you have any more "Staycation" suggestions? Let me know in the comments and be sure to check out the other posts in the Spring Break Link Up by going to Olivia's blog (http://www.ncprepsters.com/)

XOXO
Faith

6 comments:

  1. These are such great ideas, I have so many DIY ideas thanks to Pinterest!
    xo, Syd
    anchoredinthesouth.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your ideas on how to have a great "staycation"! Thanks for participating in my link-up! XOXO Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these ideas, Faith! I'm thinking I'll be getting crafty this spring break - I have so many things on Pinterest that I want to try!!

    xo, Alison
    www.beautyandblazers.com

    ReplyDelete