Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter


Hey everyone! Happy Easter! I really just wanted to take a little time today to remember the reason we celebrate Easter- Jesus. I want to remind myself, and anyone else needing the reminder, that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for us, and not because we deserved it, but because of His love.

John 11:25 + 26  reads "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die."

Matthew 28:6a reads "He is not here; for He has risen, just as he said."

Those are two of my favorite verses about the Resurrection of Jesus Christ! I also wanted to share a little bit from our Easter worship experience at Elevation church. Pastor Steven preached from 1 Peter 1:3-12 and John 20: 1-8. These are both eye witness accounts of the empty tomb Jesus had been buried in. Pastor Steven preached about A Tomb with a View. He talked a lot about perspective and  wanted to highlight the Results of Resurrection. With that he gave us three points

1. A new level of Praise. The Resurrection makes the praise personal and its a praise that is strong even when things aren't exactly going right. It's a Saturday praise he called it, because it easy to praise on Sunday when everything is good. He also told us that it's not about how you praise God but why you praise God.

2. A new proof of Power. He told us that it isn't what happens to us but how we handle it. He set me free with the idea that traumatic doesn't have to stay traumatic. It's not the event- it's the experience.

3. A new Point of View. He told us that we have to view our lives from the empty tomb and that it won't make any sense to us if we try to see it from the outside looking in. He reminded us that the tomb Jesus arose from wasn't just any tomb, it was special. God is inviting everyone inside, and if we can see our lives from the tomb, we see it from a point of view of victory. He reminded us that because the stone was rolled away, nothing stands between us and God.

One of my favorite things Pastor Steven said was that The Resurrection is more than just an event- it's a perspective. So that's how I want to live my life. I want to trust that God will make all things new. I want to be expectant of the amazing things God has yet to make happen in my life. I want to live knowing I'm a new creation; and I hope you do too.

XOXO
Faith




2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter, Faith! I hope you have a great day!
    -Olivia
    Miss Olivia Says

    ReplyDelete
  2. The executive chef here was a genuinely nice person and never made us feel like we were just "business" for him. He was extremely competent and organized. Because of the natural beauty of the event venue Chicago, we were able to get away with very minimal decorations.

    ReplyDelete