Sunday, March 6, 2016

John 8:12


"I am the light of the world. Anyone who follows Me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life." -John 8:12

I came across this verse through the She Reads Truth Instagram account. I was not following their study at the time, but this was their weekly truth that they were challenging ladies to memorize. I instantly loved it. 

This is Jesus himself taking and I see it as an invitation for all of us to walk with Him and to follow Him. However, it goes even deeper than that I believe. Not only is He inviting us to walk with Him, He's giving us the opportunity to walk in the light only He provides and casts out any darkness that may try to consume us. All we have to do is follow him. There's no additional rules or instructions in this verse. "Anyone who follows Me..." it says. 

The light of the world is for you as long as you follow Jesus. I am so deeply comforted by the fact that it's no more complicated than that. Isn't it great to know that the light doesn't come with a long list of prerequisites? There's no if this, than there will be no more darkness. There's no first get your act together, than you walk in the light. You just follow Jesus.

I pray that brings hope to someone else today. I pray someone is reminded of this invitation and it's simple instruction today. Leaving the darkness and walking in light only requires that you follow Him. 

XOXO
Faith  

No comments:

Post a Comment