Wednesday, April 6, 2016

4 Reasons You Should Blog In College


Hey everyone! I was inspired by Rachel's post on Sea Shells + Sparkles called 5 Reasons Why Every Twenty-Something Should Start A Blog for today's post! I want to share some reasons with you why I think you should blog during your college years.

You can document your life through blogging. 
A blog is a great way to share about what's happening in your life with anyone and everyone. I know this is possible with social media, but publishing a blog post is another super fun way to do it that people sometimes forget. Some examples of this would be my Travel Journals (Wilmington, NC linked), Fall Break Recap, and Birthday Brunch- Fahrenheit Charlotte.  

You can process your life through blogging. 
College can be hard sometimes and difficult things happen sometimes. A blog offers you a creative outlet to either get your mind off of that thing- or process it through writing about it. Some examples of this would be my blog posts Taking a Break in College, which was written when I felt really overwhelmed and needed a break myself, and Here and Now, written over the summer before I went to college when I was trying to put any negativity from high school behind me. 

You can meet knew people through blogging. 
Of course you meet people on campus, but it's also great to know people from different places an different stages of life through the blogging community. I've met some super great girls through blogging that I really enjoy chatting with online and even sending them snail mail! College an be hard sometimes so you need a lot of people in your corner. And I don't think there's a such thing as too many friends. Blogging is a great way to meet more!

You have something fun to look forward to with blogging. 
Lets me honest, not everything that comes along with college is fun. Student loans aren't fun. Papers aren't fun. Meetings with advisors aren't fun. However, a blog can be an outlet you can always come back to and always look forward to. It can be one thing in your life you know for sure will bring you joy. Having that it super important for anyone in college!

Are you a college student blogger? Do you feel like others should do the same? Let me know!

XOXO
Faith

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! Blogging is such a great way to express yourself!

    Xo,
    Brianna
    www.thebuxomblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you agree! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I started my blog in college and I completely agree with all of the above! I love looking back at what I wrote during that time and seeing everything from what music I was listening to, makeup products I loved, events I blogged about...so many memories! It also helped me through some rough times in college as well. xx Merisa | Monogrammed Magnolias

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you agree! Thanks for reading!

      Delete