Thursday, April 14, 2016

4 Tips to Make it to the End of the Semester

 

Hey everyone! Most of you in college are coming super close to the end of the semester- yay! And most of you in high school are nearing the home stretch as well. So today I really wanted to talk about how I'm coping and making it to the end of the semester. It isn't easy- but I promise it's possible! So I'm going to share some of my tips that I've definitely been using lately!

Make Separate To Do lists 
If you have multiple big assignments doing on at the same time and if their due dates are coming up around the same time- like papers or presentations, it's a good idea to make a separate To Do list for each assignment. This is good for a few reasons. First, it shows you exactly what you have to get done to make sure the project is completed on time and also makes it difficult to forget any little (but important) detail. Secondly, it breaks the big assignments into little steps so it becomes more manageable and less daunting. 

Utilize Down Time
If we're being honest, we actually have more down time than we think we do. So it's a good idea to make the most of it! Instead of using that time to binge watch a TV show (don't worry-I do it too) you can sit in bed with your favorite music or podcast and work an assignment. It takes away the stress of the situation, but you're still getting something done!

Go to the Library
If you haven't realized yet that the campus library is your best friend- you need to! It's such a great places to go and get your stuff done because everyone else is doing the same thing! There's a ton of different options at the library too. If you like to work with a group- there's totally room for that. But if you want to be by yourself- a lot of library have silent rooms or independent study rooms. 

Take Time for Yourself
Amongst all the craziest and business that comes along with the end of the semester- don't forget that you need to take time for yourself. It's ok to watch an episode of your favorite TV show. It's ok to get Starbucks with you friend. It's ok to go to a Zumba class. What ever taking time for yourself looks like- never forget that it's important. I actually wrote a whole blog post called Taking a Break in College, where I talk al about how important "me time" and taking a break is for college students. Click the title to check it out!

I hope thee tips help everyone end the semester on a high note! Do you have any tips to add? Let me know!

XOXO
Faith

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, Faith, you read my mind with this post. I am dying!!! And although the end is near, the challenge is always finishing strong. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so welcome! I hope the end of the end of the school year went (or is going)great!

      Delete