Sunday, April 10, 2016

Changing Your Outlook on Working Out


Hey everyone! Today I really wanted to talk about something that's really important to me, but it also something I still really struggle with- my outlook on working out. So when you read what I have to say, don't forget you are not alone! We are all in this together. I'm writing these words for me just as much as I am for you.

Sometimes I look at working out as a hassle, a burden, or something I don't actually want to do. But the problem with this view on working out is that it stifles any growth or success you could reach.  I have found that if working out is seen as a burden, it's inconsistent. (Tweet This!) You'll make excuses not to go. You won't try as hard some days at the gym as you do on other days. And if you aren't consistent with working out, you aren't going to see any results.

I have found that if working out is seen as a burden, it's not fun. (Tweet This!) You are supposed to have fun while working out! It should be something you enjoy. It should be something that you get to do not something you want to do. And if you aren't having fun, you'll miss out on half of the benefit of working out; that it makes you feel good.

So what do you do about this attitude toward working out? You change it.
You have to look at working out as a "get to" and not a "have to." You have to look at working out as a gift to yourself rather than a burden your enduring. You have to remind yourself of the accomplishment you'll feel and not the tiredness. Your motivation has to be intrinsic. Working out has to be something you do for yourself and no one else. If you change your outlook on working out, you'll see results and it will be fun.

So who's with me? Are you ready to change your outlook on working out?

XOXO
Faith

4 comments:

  1. I love working out - sometimes. Some other times - most of the itme -, I hate it. I can totally attest to how your attitude changes your outcome. If I'm not feeling up to exercising and see it as a chore, I end up doing less than my best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you could relate! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I'm terrible at rhis and your pointers are very real for me! I've been putting it off for too long now so now I think is the time - I'm with ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally feel you- don't get discouraged! Thanks for reading!

      Delete