Wednesday, May 4, 2016

It's Ok To Change Your Mind


Hey everyone! Today I want to talk about something I have actually done a little bit during my freshman year of college- changing your mind.

This year I've changed my mind way more than I had ever thought I would. I changed my mind regarding which minor I wished to pursue multiple times (I think a total of 4 separate times), I sort of changed my mind on which organizations to be a apart of on campus, and changed which classes I was going to take next semester only days before registration was open.

So as you can probably tell, I've changed my mind quite a lot this school year. And at first this bothered me a lot because I felt like I should've made the right choice the first time or that I should've been smarter about making my decisions from the get go. I've always been someone who seemed to know exactly what she wants and how to go about getting it. So when I got to college with all these premade plans, I began to realize that maybe that wasn't what I wanted after all. This has caused a lot of stress on my part throughout this year.

But I'm finally starting to realize that it's ok to change your mind. I'm finally starting to realize that we won't always know the what's right for us at 18 or 19 years old. So when we come to a point when we realize that this major or minor isn't what we love, or this organization or that isn't want we want to invest our time into at the moment, we're allowed to feel this way and we are allowed to change our mind. It has finally dawned on me that the idea that I was only allowed one shot at making a choice was something I enforced upon myself.

So today I just want to encourage y'all who have changed your mind or think you may change your mind. Changing your mind is ok. You have more than one chance to get it right. Whatever it may be, don't be afraid to take a look at the choice you've made and wonder if it's the right one. Whatever it may be, if you decide that you've made the wrong choice, don't be afraid to change your mind.

XOXO
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment