Monday, May 9, 2016

Talking About My Blog IRL


Hey everyone! Today I just wanted to sit down and really talk about what I think and feel when it comes to something that tends to come up a lot when it comes to bloggers or blogging- talking about your blog with people you know in real life. And I'll be honest, it's hard to do. I think it's so hard for me because there is so many mixed emotions when it comes to the subject.

On one hand, I love my blog. I want to talk about it and I want people to know about it. I am proud of my blog and the content I put on it. I have a lot of fun blogging and blogging has become increasingly more important to me as the journey goes on. I have met some great people online through blogging. I'm also so grateful for those who already read Faith's Girly Life. I'm all about positivity and inspiration my blog and I'd love to share that with even more people.

However, on the other hand I'm scared to talk about it. I'm scared that I'll me ridiculed or made fun of because of my blog. I'm scared I may not be as good at this blogging thing that I think I am. I'm scared that people I know in real life won't want to hear what I have to say on my blog. I'm scared that they will call me stuck up for wanting people to know about my blog. I

I have come a long way and have gotten better when it comes to talking about my blog, I do talk about it a little more in real life. I no longer hide the fact that I have a blog, which is what I did when I first started Faith's Girly Life. I will acknowledge the fact that I blog and talk a little about it if I'm asked about it. I talk to my parents and sister a lot about recent blog posts I've written and I do know that some friends and family read my blog. Which is all great.

But, I have never been the one to initiate any conversation about it. I am not one to introduce myself and include the fact I have a blog. I'll often leave it out of the "what do you like to do for fun?" conversation. Which, I'm not proud of at all. I do wish I was more comfortable talking about my blog with those around me day to day, because I do love blogging- as I've expressed before. I'm just not sure how to get there.

So I kind of wanted to end with asking other bloggers how they go about talking about their blog in real life. Do you talk about it? How do you do it? Do you have any tips to grow more confident in talking about it? Do you have any tips on how to bring it up in conversation? I'd love to hear!

XOXO
Faith

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way! I just try not to focus on what anyone else thinks or look at my pageviews too often. If I'm happy with a post, I try to leave it at that. :)

    Nicole

    www.blundersandabsurditiesblog.com

    ReplyDelete