Monday, June 13, 2016

3 Ways to Unplug


Hey everyone! So today I wanted to talk to y'all about a few different tricks I've been using to try to unplug from my iPhone more often. I know I'm not perfect with it- I'm pretty attached to my phone (as a blogger I'm always on social media and checking email) but I've been trying to unplug little by little every so often. I find that when I do take some time to unplug- I'm happier, I'm not as drained, and I get more out of the time that I am plugged in. So I hope these tips help you!

Turn off push notifications 
I've pretty much turned off all my notifications expect Twitter and Instagram- and I plan to turn them off eventually. I think that these notifications add a ton of clutter to our phones and also have a way of grabbing us back into our phones even if we're trying to unplug. I've noticed a huge difference in my ability to let my phone go since I've turned them off!

Let your phone die- and leave it dead for a bit (or just turn it off) 
Mini disclaimer: I only suggest doing this if your at home with someone else. But I think giving your self a little time to be fully without your phone really helps you to realize that it's ok not to be on your phone constantly. This is one I'm still really working on- but I think it's really good and will get even better! Leaving your phone at home when your out with family is a good option too! My family always go to church and out to lunch with my family on Sundays and I've been trying to leave my phone at home during those times.

Keep your phone on "Do Not Disturb"
Sometimes all the beeping from text messages and such can be really distracting- who wouldn't want to look at their phone after they heard it making noise!?- so a good way to unplug you're self a bit is the "Do Not Disturb" feature on an iPhone. It keeps your phone silent and keeps it from buzzing all the time so you can focus on other things! I tend to use this feature 24/7 now and I don't miss the noises at all!

I hope you enjoyed these tips on ways to unplug & let me know in the comments if you have any other ideas!


1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! My phone was dead all weekend, and I never charged it until earlier today -- I realized I felt so much better inside without it. Honestly, the main reason I use social media is for blogging purposes, occasionally to share inspiring quotes as a Facebook status or to save memories in photos on Insta. However, two "social media" sites I use daily are My Fitness Pal to track my food + fitness choices, and GoodReads to track my progress with my summer reading goals! I feel like those are in a different league of social media, so to speak, because they help keep your body and your mind fit, whereas other social media can feel kind of... blah... sometimes! It's like watching reality tv = social media, whereas watching Discovery channel = using MFP or GoodReads, if that analogy makes sense!! :p, ya feel me!? ahaha!! <3

    xoxo, Brooke ( www.ThePinkLyme.com )

    ReplyDelete