Friday, June 10, 2016

Best of The East Coast: Charlotte, NC


Hey everyone! I'm so excited to participate in the Best of The East Coast Link Up hosted by Savannah of Always, S for this post! Today I'm going to share a little bit about what to do and where to eat in Charlotte, North Carolina! I haven't lived there very long, and I'm not originally from Charlotte, but I've been able to explore a bit and really wanted to share with y'all the gems I've found in this city!



What to Do

Visit the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art
My family and I went to this museum a little while back and I just loved it. I had never been to an art museum before so it was a totally new experience for me, but I loved taking the time to slow down and look at pieces other people have made!



Go to a Nascar race or the Nascar Hall of Fame
If you like Nascar already or you just want to see what it's al about- Charlotte is a great place! Charlotte is home to the Charlotte Motor Speedway where you can attend a Nascar race. I've been to two different races now, and it's definitely an interesting experience that you just have to see for yourself! But if you can't make it to a race, the Nascar Hall of Fame is in the heart of Uptown and a good place to get your Nascar fix too. I haven't made it there yet- but one day I will!


Where To Eat

Fahrenheit
This restaurant is on the 2snd floor of a hotel right in the middle of uptown and offers Asian fusion dishes as well as Sunday brunch. My family and I went there for Sunday brunch back in January to celebrate my birthday (check out the post I did about the visit here) and it was delicious! I got the banana bread waffles pictured below and they were amazing. My family also loved all the food they ordered as well. I can't wait to eat there again and to try it for dinner!



Mac's Speed Shop
This restaurant offers some great food ranging from nachos to top notch BBQ. My family has been for lunch a few times and we love it every time! I don't think you can go wrong with anything on the menu, but I'd totally recommend the BBQ. The best part of the whole place is that you can sit out side if the whether is nice!

Luna's Living Kitchen
This restaurant has vegetarian and vegan dishes that are actually really good! My family went here back in December to celebrate my sisters birthday. I was a bit skeptical at first, I'll be honest, but after I ate my veggie burger and vegan chocolate chip cookies, I was sold! Even if you don't usually go for vegetarian food, you should still give Luna's Living Kitchen a try!


BONUS: Amelie's French Bakery
It's important not to forget dessert! Amelie's is the best place (or places- they have multiple locations) to get a good dessert. The choices are as close to authentic French as you're going to find in Charlotte and they do not disappoint! I just love their salted caramel brownies! This is a must visit dessert destination if you're ever in Charlotte.



I hope you enjoyed a look at what to do and where to eat in Charlotte! Let me know in the comments if you've been to any of these places and be sure to check out the other posts in the Link Up here!

3 comments:

  1. So awesome! Art museums are always fun! The food options on here sounds amazing- this post definitely makes me want to visit Charlotte!

    Emily
    www.EmilyRiane.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that we both wrote about Charlotte but mentioned completely different places! I think that shows how much the Queen City has to offer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I'm moving to Charlotte in August and cannot wait to check some of this stuff out!

    ReplyDelete