Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Travel Journal: Cape Lookout National Seashore


Hey everyone! This is the 3rd post in my 4 post series about my family vacation! First, I blogged about Havelock, NC (check out the post here). Secondly, I blogged about New Bern, NC (check out the post here). I hope your enjoying these blog posts! I really enjoy sharing it with y'all! Today I'm sharing my experience at Cape Lookout National Seashore.

So this post does require a bit of a back story. We originally planed to take a boat tour of Cape Lookout and Shackleford Island that left from Beaufort, NC. However, when we got to the boating company they told us that the water was much too rough and choppy to go on the 2 and a half hour boat ride. So we drove to Harker's Island to take a short ferry to Cape Lookout instead.

I tell ya'll this story because these first two pictures were taken in Beaufort.

The Beaufort waterfront!

Snapping a selfie as we're getting out of the car!

Now the pictures following are from Cape Lookout.

We took yet another selfie while we waited to get on the ferry in Harker's Island to head to Cape Lookout.

Here's a selfie on the ferry. If you haven't noticed yet, this rip was super selfie filled!

We were getting ready to dock at Cape Lookout so I wanted to take a picture of the water!

You can see the light house in the distance!

More water pictures of course because I always think it's so pretty!



We didn't climb the light house, but we were sure to grab a picture with it!


We spent sometime on the beach while we were at Cape Lookout. It was gorgeous but super windy!

One quick story I have to share- we were waiting to get on the ferry to leave Cape Lookout and we were standing on the dock getting ready to get in the boat and all of a sudden my dad's hat (his Bronco's Superbowl hat oh course) flew into the water. Luckily we were able to get the hat once we were all on the boat. The driver was able to pull up besides it and another passenger was able to grab it. Super nice people!

We had to get a picture together on the beach!

So we stopped again in Beaufort for lunch at this super small BBQ place. It was very simple food but tasted pretty good!

I hope you enjoyed part 3 of my vacation happenings! Checkout the post on Havelock here and the post on New Bern here if you've missed either of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment