Saturday, June 25, 2016

Travel Journal: Havelock, NC

Hey everyone! You may have noticed (or seen one of my tweets about it) that I didn't blog at all the past week. I went on vacation with my family and we didn't have Wi-Fi and were living off of our cellphone data package. But I'm so excited to be back on Faith's Girly Life. I'm going to share a TON of pictures from our vacation! Because I have so much I want to share with y'all I'm going to separate everything into 4 different blog posts based on location basically. The first one (aka the post your currently reading) will be about Havelock. That's where our rental house was so we spent a little bit of time hanging out there and even ate at an awesome restaurant not far from the house. The next one is going to be about our day trip to New Bern. The third will be about our day at Cape Lookout National Seashore. And lastly, the fourth blog post will be about our time in Morehead and Atlantic Beach. I will link to the previous post in each new post so you won't miss anything from my vacation! I hope you enjoy seeing so much of my experience!

Above is a look at our rental house. It was plenty big for my family and our dogs! The downside to this house? It's right next to a wedding venue so on nights they're hosting a wedding- you can hear "Don't Stop Believing" at 11 o'clock at night ;). 

This is the super awesome view from the back deck of our house. We were literally right on the Neuse River!

Had to use our deck and awesome view for an Instagram picture right?!

Here's just another picture of our view of the Neuse River. It's a different view than I'm used to so I had to take pictures when I got the chance.

Here's the private dock that goes along with our rental house. It's super awesome! My dad spent some time trying to fish off of it. He caught a few little fish- but nothing to have for dinner unfortunately.

This seafood restaurant- named Crabby Patty's wasn't far from our rental house and the food was super yummy! We ate there twice during our stay and you'll see what I ate there later in the post!

This is the super yummy Shrimp Po Boy I ate the first night we were in Havelock.

We had a hammock on the deck at our rental house so my sister and I spent some time hanging around!

It was National Selfie Day when we were on vacation so we had to use my selfie stick to snap a selfie together!

Hailey and I couldn't resist getting a picture together on the dock!

On our last night in Havelock, we went back to Crabby Patty's. This time I got an amazing crab cake!

We finished our meal with a Molten Chocolate cake that was DELICIOUS!

I also got a picture of the sunset by our house, very pretty of course!

I really hope y'all enjoyed seeing all kinds of pictures on this part of all my vacation blog posts! And be sure to keep an eye out for the other 3 blog posts about my vacation! There's still tons more to see!


3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this post! I live in New Bern so your not far away from me! I love Crabby Patty's! Especially their fried pickles! I hope you have an amazing vacation Faith & enjoy the Neuse!! Can't wait for the post when you come to New Bern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Gabby from ablissfulife.com btw lol

      Delete
  2. Oh the view from the back of the cabin is lovely!! I also love that you took selfies for national selfie day!! I did too :)

    ReplyDelete