Thursday, July 28, 2016

5 Tips to Make Your First Zumba Class a Success

Hey everyone! If you follow me on social media, have been reading Faith's Girly Life for a while, or maybe even know me in person, you're likely to know that I love Zumba classes. So much so that I wrote a blog post about it a while back (you can check it out here). It's become something I really enjoy. If I'm being honest, I wish I could do everyday and dream of being certified one day to teach Zumba! So, with all that said, today I wanted to share 5 tips with those of you who have never been to a Zumba class and wanting to try it out! With these tips, your first Zumba class can be a success!

Bring water
With any workout it's important to stay hydrated, but it's so important to have a water bottle with you at Zumba to make sure you stay healthy. Some instructors will stop for water breaks and others won't, but don't let that stop you from getting some whenever you need it!

Don't worry about being perfect; try your best
If we're all being honest, not many of us are professional dancers or certified to teach Zumba. So don't worry about being perfect and just try your best. You won't be the only one in class that doesn't look exactly like the teacher- and that's ok! The main goal is to just keep moving!

Don't be afraid of the front of the room
Usually people who are in class for the first time like the back of the room (myself included) because less people see you. However, after a few classes I moved up closer to the front of the room and it's so much easier to see the instructor! So, I'd tell people going to Zumba for the first time to not be afraid of the front and try to break away from the back!

Wear what you feel comfortable in
There's a lot of moving around, dancing, jumping, etc. in Zumba. So you don't want to feel uncomfortable in the clothes your wearing. Sometimes you want to wear what other people are wearing so that you might fit it better, but don't worry about that! Comfort is way more important! If you prefer leggings- wear them. If you like tank tops- wear them! There's no Zumba dress code!

Have fun!
I know Zumba is a workout- but you should still have fun too! When your in class just try to relax about how good you are or what others around you are doing and just have fun!

I hope you enjoyed this blog post about Zumba! Let me know if you've been to Zumba (& what you think) or if you've been wanting to give it a try! I seriously recommend that everyone at least try it out!


2 comments:

  1. I took my first zumba class in May, and I fell in love. I can't wait to go back to school so I can start taking the classes again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you enjoy Zumba as much as I do! Thanks for reading!

      Delete