Saturday, July 9, 2016

Life Lately



Hey everyone! As you might be able to tell from the content on my blog the last month or so- I've had so much going on in my life so far this summer. So I really just wanted to sit down and talk about a bunch of it with y'all because I just love to share about my everyday life here on Faith's Girly Life. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing about it!

Nannying
So I've been nannying a lot this summer and I've even been working for two different families off and on. I seriously love all the kids I'm with and the money isn't bad either. I've never nannied or babysat super consistently before  but I really enjoy it now that I am. It's actually been fun and keeping me busy because I get bored super easily over the summer. Before classes ended I didn't think I would have much to do this summer and I thought it might turn out to be a long summer. But it's really been going so fast because of my job as a nanny. I've gotten to go shopping and go to the pool with kids- two things I just love! Nannying is the best job I could have this summer!

Vacation
A week or so ago I went on vacation with my family. We stayed in Havelock, NC at a rental house on the river, but also spent some time in New Bern, visited Cape Lookout National Seashore, and walked around Morehead and Atlantic Beach. I didn't blog when I was on vacation, (we didn't have Wi-Fi so we were all living off of our cellphone data) but I did 4 spectate blog posts when I got back home talking all about what I did and sharing tons of pictures. If you missed those posts look here, here, here, and here. It was really fun and I really enjoyed sharing everything on my blog!

The Bachelorette
So reality TV is kind of my obsessed and in recent years I've gotten into The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. And of course the current season- with Jojo as the Bachelorette is well underway. It's been and interesting season. Most of the guys seemed pretty cool and their destinations have been awesome. I seriously want to go to Uruguay after the week they spent there! But of course, I have my favorite guys on the show. I'm a total Robby fan (I think he's probably my favorite!). But I also like Alex and James T. Who are your favorites?! I still have no idea who Jojo will pick in the end but I am so excited to see who ends up at the end of the show!

Big Brother
Staying on the theme of reality TV- the current season of Big Brother (season 18) just premiered a few weeks ago. And this show is literally my obsession. This season seems like it's going to be absolutely awesome. The house is decorated based on all kinds of destinations (like Tokyo and London). It's seriously one of my favorites as far as design goes in a long time. They also brought back 4 returning players (James, Nicole, Frank, and Da'vonne) to play along side 12 brand new players. This was so fun because I love seeing familiar faces come back into the house. They are also playing in teams of 4. So far all of these new twists have been super cool. I think it's cool that they're doing something different on a show that's already 18 seasons old. As far as my favorite players go- I love Paulie and I also like Nicole. They're my top 2 for sure! If you watch the show, who's your favorite?!

Crown & Honey Bracelets
Because I am a part of the Hive Society through Crown & Honey- the wonderful ladies there sent me two lovely bracelets that I just really wanted to share with you all! You may have seen these photos of them on my Instagram (@faith_allyn_dumais), but I also couldn't help but share them here as well!

The first one is their Christian Faith Monogram Bangle Charm Bracelet- linked here. I'm just obsessed with this because it's super cute and girly and also allows me to share a little bit of my faith in my outfits!


The second one includes a super sweet and inspirational charm that is brand new to their product line. I love the honey comb and bumble bee detail and also the message "You will forever and always be enough." I was just thrilled to receive both of these bracelets and so blessed to have the chance to get to wear them and show off this awesome brand.


What's to come...
I thought I'd end with a little section about what I've got already got planned for later in the summer both in real life and on Faith's Girly Life. First, I'm going to a Rob Thomas concert in late July that I'm super excited about. I've been listening to him and Matchbox Twenty since I was little! I'm also going to be spending a day on Lake Norman in a pontoon boat. My family always does this once a year and it's always a blast!

As for upcoming content on the blog- I don't want to give away too much! I want y'all to be pleasantly surprised! But I will say that in August I'm going to have a blog post up about the classes I'll be taking in the fall. I think it'll give you a look into my academic life in case y'all are interested or have questions.

I hope you enjoyed a look into what's been going on in my life! Let me know what's going on in your life in the comments below or in an email! I love to here from y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment