Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Pound


Hey everyone! Today I wanted to take about a new fitness class I tried this summer and pretty much feel in love with! It's called Pound. I kind of want to do a little overview of what it is and also why I like it. So hopefully you have a pretty good idea of what it is and if you want to give it a try yourself! I hope you enjoy a look at this new workout! 

What is Pound?
Pound was created by two female drummers who didn't like traditional workout but realized what a great workout they get when their up on stage when their drumming. Pound is basically a mix of Zumba and Pilates- according to the instructor that teaches the classes I take. You hold weighted drum sticks to get a little bit of an arm workout while you do through songs that focus on lunges and squats. In addition, you use a yoga mat to workout your abs and glutes. You move to the beat of fun songs and will speed up and slow down depending on the tempo, which is a lot like a Zumba class. I also like to think that it's a mix of cardio and strength training.

Why do I like Pound?
I like Pound because it's more fun than just doing a bunch of squats or lunges on your own but you're still getting the benefit of them. I enjoy a more cardio and high energy workout and Pound gives a little bit of that to strength training. I like it because you can modify and do more or less depending on your ability level. That makes it more inclusive and allows you to grow and work your way up. I've been going to Pound this summer and I can tell that I have improved and gotten stronger. I think it's so awesome that Pound is a class that allows you to see your progress! You also get to use different equipment, like the drum sticks and yoga matts, that you may not use in other workouts, so that change can be really fun.

Of course I understand that Pound won't be for everyone, but I totally recommend you give it a try if you haven't yet! Have you tried Pound? What do you think?  If you haven't tried it yet, what are your thoughts after reading my post? Let me know in the comments below! 


No comments:

Post a Comment