Friday, September 9, 2016

Blogger Interview: Kate



Kate is the blogger behind Be Quiet Kate. Read below to learn more about this blogger!
~~~

Why did you start blogging?
I was in law school at the time and slowly came to the realization that that was not what I wanted to be doing with my life, and that I was only in law school because I come from a family of lawyers. When I received a particularly lucrative job offer in the field that I really wanted to work in, I took it as a sign to quit law school. I was - and still am - very happy with my new job, but you can't really get away from the perils of questioning life decisions no matter how justified you feel they are. So I started my blog as a way to combat my existential crises, doubts, and life challengers in general, and it just spiraled into a sort-of journal cataloging an average millennial's life. 


Do you have a staple clothing item? If so, what is it?

Does a backpack count as a staple clothing item? If it does, my orange High Sierra backpack is my staple. I'm strictly a satchel/tote kind of girl at the office and school, but my backpack is my weapon of choice when I'm traveling. That backpack's been with me on countless camping and hiking trips, and it's been my carry-on to over half a dozen different countries.

If bags don't count though, I haven't really had a staple clothing item, but I do have staple colors. If you open my closet you'll see nothing but black, white, beige, brown, gray, and navy blue. I'm strictly a #neutrallife kind of girl. It makes dressing in the morning so easy.


What's your favorite TV show to binge watch?

*opens Powerpoint presentation* *shuffles notecards*

My all-time favorite TV show to binge is Supernatural. Man-pain, gay subtext, and monsters? I'm here for that. 

Lately though I'm also into Hawaii Five-0 (more gay subtext), GrimmScream Queens, and Game of Thrones (pain, nothing but pain).


Do you have a favorite post you've written on your blog? If so, link it! (it can just be your most recent post if you don't have a favorite!)
I have two favorite posts so far: Mortality in the Cordilleras (https://bequietkate.wordpress.com/2016/04/21/mortality-in-the-cordilleras/) where I talk about how hiking in the Cordillera Mountains made me feel so small and insignificant; and Once upon a grad-waiting (https://bequietkate.wordpress.com/2016/04/01/once-upon-a-grad-waiting/) where I talk about how it's been 3 years since I graduated from university.


What's your favorite quote?
I have two. My first is actually a Bible verse - Galatians 3:28. "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." 

The second is from Coraline, a Neil Gaiman novel. "Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

Picture was taken from Kate's blog!


Find her...

~~~
I hope you enjoyed learning more about Kate and be sure to check out her blog and social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment