Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Blogging Schedule?

Hey everyone! Today I wanted to talk a little bit about something that tends to come up when bloggers are talking or if you read enough blogs you'll probably see them talk about or even notice it. And that's a blogging schedule.

I'm going to be really honest, I'm the worst at keeping a blogging schedule and I'm always changing it. This summer I had a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule for blog posts to go up. That ended up working pretty well this summer. I had a lot of time because I was only nannying part time and going to the gym, so I could spend a lot more time blogging. Then when school started up again I moved my schedule to Tuesday, Friday. I thought going down to two days a week would really help me out and allow me to fit my blog into my school and work schedule really well. However, I quickly realized that that schedule was not something I could keep to. I go to school full time and nanny part time, and Tuesday's end up being my longest and busiest day. So it just wasn't realistic to say that I'd have a post up every Tuesday. Therefore, I found myself not getting around to blogging way to often for my liking.

I thought about foregoing a blogging schedule entirely. I felt like it was kind of adding stress to something that is suppose to be fun, happy, and just for me to share my thoughts and my life on the internet. However, I don't think that's totally realistic for me life either. I need and like a little structure to my life, even my hobbies. I like to have a general idea of what to expect each day. And I also think it's nice for y'all to have a good idea of when to expect posts to be up on Faith's Girly Life.

So at the beginning of October, I made the decision to change my blogging schedule a little bit so that it fits into my schedule better and has the potential to be more successful than the posting schedule I had at the end of August. Now I will be posting on Wednesday's and Friday's. I hope this will allow me the structure I want and still fit into my schedule well enough to keep myself from feeling stressed about posting on the blog. I also hope that this schedule allows y'all to catch everything that's going on here on the blog! I do want to mention that this is not to say that I will never post more or less than this, I just want to give myself and you all a general guideline for posts!

I really hope y'all liked this kind of post and getting to learn more about my experience with blogging schedules and my game plan moving forward! Let me know your thoughts on blogging schedules below! Do you like them? If your a blogger yourself, do you have a blogging schedule? If so, what is it?

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand this. Over the summer I started my blog and was super ambitious. When school started I realized that I didn't have enough content pre-written to be able to post as often as I wanted. See you on Wednesdays and Fridays!

    ReplyDelete