Thursday, November 24, 2016

Gratitude


"but thanks be to God, who gives us victory
through our Lord Jesus Christ."

Hey everyone and Happy Thanksgiving! So between all the Thanksgiving activities such as watching the parade, eating turkey, and catching  a nap on the couch, today I really just wanted to sit down and talk to y'all about my gratitude (the perfect topic for today). If I'm being truly honest, this semester has been a little rough at times, so I just wanted to take a break from that craziness and refocus my own heart to what really matters as well as help any of my readers refocus if that's something they need in this season.

I am really just so thankful and full of gratitude for so many things and people that the Lord has placed in my life that I'd never be able to name everything in one blog post alone. But there's some things I don't want to leave out. I'm thankful that our God is a God who grants me grace in the times I'm not at my best. I'm thankful for my family and the relationship that we have that allows me to be able to lean on them and continue to live with them while I go through college. I'm thankful for my friends and that I can talk with them and laugh with them. I'm thankful for the university I get to attend and the amazing Special Education program it offers.

I'm thankful I'm healthy enough to go to Zumba and Pound classes. I'm thankful that the stresses I face are temporary and that I can go to sleep each night without fear. even comment on the posts I share. I'm thankful that there are people out there who read Life With Faith and I'm thankful for good food, and books, and hand lettering. I'm thankful for the totally crazy life God has given to me and planed for me, even if that crazy isn't always the good kind.

Obviously I have so much more to be thankful for that goes beyond those few things, every year I discover more and more things that deserve my gratitude. I would never be able to share everything in one blog post, or two blog posts, but I wanted to take some time this Thanksgiving to highlight my gratitude. I think it's a good way to refocus your heart to a posture of gratitude if you've found ourselves fall out of it, and that was definitely me lately. Lately I've felt a lot of stress and tiredness and have forgotten to be grateful. I really needed to refocus. I hope today allows you to get back into a posture of gratitude as well if you found yourself out of it like I did.

Let me know in the comments bellow what you're thankful for or what your Thanksgiving plans are! (I love to hear from y'all!)


No comments:

Post a Comment