Thursday, December 29, 2016

Children's Book Haul



Hey everyone! So, if you've been reading Life With Faith for any amount of time you probably know that I am a Special Education major in college. But if you didn't know, now you do! :) My degree will be k-12, which means that after graduation I will be able to work in an elementary, middle, or high school. But, I most likely will stick with elementary aged children. So, I've begun to start to think a lot about my future classroom and I've even thought about the fact that I'll need books for my classroom. Even though I still have 2 years of school left!

So, yesterday my sister, mom and I were at a little secondhand bookstore near my house and I decided to take a look at all the children's books they had and pick some up for my future classroom. I really wanted to share the books I got with y'all because I'm so excited. I really hope you enjoy this haul!

I basically just want to give y'all a quick run through of the books I got, but definitely comment below if you're interested in knowing more about a particular book and I'll be more than happy to reply with any information I may know about the book!

Deana's Big Dreams by Jonathan Fussell (Illustration by Jill Fox)


The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper


Franklin's Birthday Party (based on characters created by Paulette Bourgeois and Brenda Clark)


Franklin Wants a Pet by Paulette Bourgeois and Brenda Clark


Curious George Goes To An Ice Cream Shop by Margret and H.A. Rey's


Dinner with Olivia adopted by Emily Sollinger (illustrated by Guy Woleck)


Clifford Goes To Hollywood by Norman Bridwell


Emily Elizabeth Can't Trade by Jenny Markas (illustrated by Josie Yee)


Miss Moo Goes To The Zoo by Kelly Graves (illustrated by Lisa Chauncy Guida)


Amelia Bedelia, Rocket Scientist? by Herman Parish (illustrated by Lynn Sweat)


Is a Blue Whale the Biggest Thing There is? by Robert E. Wells


There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly by Simms Taback


One Drowsy Dragon by Ethan Long



Shanna's Princess Show by Jean Marzollo (illustrated by Shane W. Evans)


I really hope you enjoyed talking a look at all the books I got! I know that for me tt was so much fun to pick them out! I seriously want to continue to get more books so that by the time I'm teaching full time I'll have an awesome little collection of children's book. With that said, I'm sure there will be more children's book hauls to come. Please let me know in the comments below if y'all would be interested in more classroom/ teaching related type posts in the future! I would love to share that side of my life if it sound interesting to y'all.


12 comments:

  1. I used to love the Little Engine that could! Childrens literature is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved so many of these books when I was little! I always remember Amelia Bedelia and Clifford being my favorites.

    Tori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, Amelia Bedelia - I haven't thought about those books in ages! I'm glad to see some of the best books will be represented in your classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seriously picked some good ones. The Little Engine That Could is STILL one of my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember some of these kids books from when I was little! I still love Clifford!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember reading some of these when I was young!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember reading the Franklin books when I was little!

    -Ruya
    sweetshortandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I read almost every Clifford book! And if I didn't I know someone read it to me. Haha! These are wonderful picks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun to stock up on books for your future classroom! You must be getting so excited about your future career!

    xoxo A
    www.southernbelleintraining.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, I remember reading some of these when I was younger-- so much fun! I loved Clifford and Amelia Bedilia-- she was a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These all sound like such amazing books!! I remember some of them from when I was little!

    ReplyDelete