Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Fitbit Alta Review

Hey everyone!  First of all I really wanted to say I'm sorry that the every other day schedule has gotten a little bit off. The end of the semester and finials kind of got to me a little bit. But I promise y'all have missed none of the content I've had planned and now that finals are over (yay!) the schedule will be must easier to maintain through the end of  Blogmas. But anyway, today I really wanted to talk about one of my favorite purchases this year, my Fitbit Alta.

I had honestly kind of wanted a Fitbit for a while, but because I didn't know exactly what it did, I didn't want to spend money of something that just counted steps. However, back in August I got a Fitbit Alta after learning more about it from a few of my sorority sisters (shoutout to my sisters- love them!). After I learned about what else it can do I really wanted one. Now that I've had it for a while now I really wanted to share my thoughts with all of y'all incase you were interested it getting one or have one and want to see what I think!

First off I just wanted to talk about all the features of the Fitbit Alta and the Fitbit app. The Fitbit Alta can track steps as well as other exercise like walking, running, the elliptical, and aerobic classes. It tracks calories, miles walked, active minutes, and your sleep as well. It has a digital face with the date and time. It can be a silent alarm, and you can also receive text and call notifications on it. Then on the app you can track what you've eaten and what water you've had to drink each day.

So now to my thoughts, I really love it! I wouldn't think I'd like being conscious of everything the Fitbit tracks. It's all kind of intimidating for someone who's never had a Fitbit before. But now that I have it I really like having everything on my phone because it helps me work towards living a healthier lifestyle. If I see I'm not getting very many steps on certain days, it will motivate me to walk on the treadmill for like 20 minutes. Or if I see I haven't been getting very much sleep, it will motivate me to get to bed a little bit early. But this isn't to say I've become a super healthy person overnight just because I have a Fitbit now. It can still be hard. Some days are better than others if I'm being honest. Life does get in the way, I do go to school part time and nanny part time. But the Fitbit has helped me and does make being healthier and living healthier just a little bit easier. I also really like the fact that the charger has a clip on it to keep it plugged into the Fitbit, it's awesome not to have to worry about it unplugging or not charging right!

My only complaint about the Fitbit Alta would be that the clasp on the bracelet can be super difficult to get back on again after you've taken it off to charge it or shower. However, I'm getting more and more used to it as I have it longer so it's becoming less and less of an issue for me!

Overall I think the Fitbit is super awesome and tell you to go for it if you're considering getting one yourself. Do you have the Fitbit Alta? Let me know what you think about it in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment