Wednesday, December 7, 2016

"Grace Not Perfection" Review

Hey everyone! Recently, I've finally had the chance to read again! So for todays Blogmas post I wanted to give y'all a short review of a book I recently finished. I really do enjoy reading but when I'm in school, my classes require a ton of reading so I don't often get around to reading books that I actually want to read. So, today I really wanted to talk about "Grace Not Perfection" by Emily Ley. I just recently finished it and just had to talk about it!


The main thing I want to say about this book it that it is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. The whole book offers such good insight and all the designs and colors throughout are absolutely beautiful. It's bright and colorful and the quotes are so sweet and so important. I also love that Emily is so honest and real throughout the entire book that it makes you feel like you actually know her or are sitting down talking with her. It also helps to make you feel like it's ok to not be perfect and it's ok to be messy. I think that is one of the main messages of this book and one of the main things I took from the book.

Emily also talks a lot about slowing down, decluttering, and making space physical, emotionally, and time wise to enjoy life and the little things that we might forget otherwise. This really resonated with me because right before I picked this book up I was feeling the need to get rid of stuff and had been slowly getting rid of more and more stuff. She mentioned this specifically in the book and I couldn't have agreed more. I also really resonated with the idea of slowing down and enjoying the little things that are right in front of us. I can sometimes get into a go-go-go mentality where I forget about those things so this book was a great reminder!

I obviously don't want to sit here and tell y'all the entire contents of the book- because I want you to read it for yourself! But I really wanted to mention the above topics because they were really important pieces of the book in my opinion and things I took from the book to use in my everyday life. I highly recommend this book to anyone! But this book would be perfect for anyone who really enjoys the ideas of joy and simplicity. It's honestly raw, real, beautiful, and an overall great read. If you do decide to pick this book up, please let me know in the comments below what you thought! I'd love to hear your thoughts or talk about the book with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment