Monday, December 12, 2016

Trusting Gods Perfect Timing



Hey everyone! Welcome back to another Blogmas post! Today I'm going to be honest and open and talk about something I tend to struggle with at this point in my life because Throughout the fall semester I've struggled here and there with how fast things were moving along (or more accurately- not moving along) in my life. I felt like certain things should've happened already and I was getting really discouraged when certain events kept getting pushed back. I don't want to get too into detail about what those things are.

But basically, I wanted to plan my own timeline or schedule onto my life when I don't have that power; only God has the ability to sent the timeline of our lives. In the middle of the discouragement over the fact that my own timeline was being destroyed, I had a few people in my life who really encouraged me and reminded me that God's timing is perfect and to let him work his good. So I want to talk a little bit about that in today's Blogmas post! I want to share what insight I have and share a few verses in the hope that it encourages you if you also struggle with Gods timing.  


"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Going through life we often have the need to set our own timeline and feel like we know when things should happen in our lives. However, the older I get the older I get the more I realize that this power isn't mine to take from God. He holds the power in our lives and He sets the timeline of our lives. He knows what we need and when we need it. He has a perfect plan for our lives, even if it doesn't look like the plan we have planned in our minds for ourselves. His timing is perfect and we must trust that. Anytime something doesn't happen according to our schedule we have to remember that God doesn't make mistakes and He has a reason for every little thing that happens to us.


"He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority." Acts 1:7

I know that trusting in His perfect timing is often hard. This is something I've struggle with it myself, especially during the current season in my life. I don't want to sit here and tell y'all that it'll be easy at some point and that sometime soon you'll never struggle with trusting Gods perfect timing, but that's not true. It's still going to be hard unfortunately. But I can promise that when that struggle occurs, as long as you stop to remind yourself that His timing is perfect, that his plan is perfect, you'll be able to overcome the struggle just a little easier. 

I really hope what I had to say today. If you have any thoughts or comments about this topic, I would just love to hear them! Be sure to comment bellow so myself and other readers can see your thoughts! Happy Blogmas and don't forget to come back for another Blogmas post!  



1 comment:

  1. OMG! Love this! This is something I'm just getting over. But I dealt with it for such a long time, before I was just like, "it's okay. God's timing is perfect!"
    Thanks for sharing :)

    xoxo,
    Itunu | A Modern Flower Child

    ReplyDelete