Sunday, January 1, 2017

Hello 2017 // Word + Resolutions



Hey everyone! And happy new year! I cannot believe it is 2017 already! It's so crazy to think back to everything that happened in my life during 2016 and it's so crazy to think that I'm a semester away from being half way done with my college career! If you want to read my 2016 reflection you can do that here. I obviously don't know about y'all but it's definitely a crazy thought to be welcoming 2017. But anyway, because it is a new year I kind of wanted to sit down and tell y'all about some goals I'm going to work on and my word for 2017.

My word for 2017 is "HAPPY." I choose happy because during my fall semester I felt like I let a lot of things get to me and I let a lot of stress escalate to a point where I don't think I was happy every much. Honestly, I think I let myself miss out on a lot of opportunities to be happy. I don't want this to happen during 2017. I want 2017 to be a very happy year for me and for those around me.

I have a few goals or resolutions I'd like to accomplish during 2017. I think sometimes resolutions can be see as a negative things because so many people believe that they'll fail at them. But I've always liked having them so that I can go into the new year with a clear focus and a clear idea of how I want my year to go.

Follow She Reads Truth everyday.
She Reads Truth is basically an organization for women who wish to read the Bible everyday. The put together reading plans and pair a set of verses with an additional text from either someone from the organization or a guest writer. I really love this organization but fell out of the habit of following the reading plans last year so I want to make it a priority in 2017.

Write in my gratitude journal daily.
I started a gratitude journal over the summer of 2016 (read more about it in one of my Blogmas posts here). I really enjoyed it but, like She Reads Truth, I fell out of the habit of writing in it and want to make it a priority in 2017.

Make healthy decisions for my mind and body.
I know this is very similar to "drink more water" or "lose weight." But I think "healthy decisions" is a better and more broad term to overall wellness. What I'm really looking for is balance. I want to make healthy decisions when deciding if I should let my body rest or if I should go to the gym. I want to make healthy decisions when deciding if I should get a healthy food or allowing myself a little indulgence. This is all with the idea that I will occasionally choose to give myself a break, I don't think I mastered this balance at all during 2016 so I want it to be a goal of mine in 2017.

Snapchat myself on a 2nd account to be able to look back on the year.
At the end of 2015 I saw this really awesome idea online where you make yourself a 2nd snapchat account so that you are able to send snaps to yourself throughout the year. Then on New Year's Eve you can log into that 2nd account and look through all the snaps you had sent yourself all year and really reflect on all the fun stuff that happened all year. I never got around to doing this last year, so I'm determined to do it this year. I've already made the 2nd account and am ready to sends lots of snaps!

I really hope you enjoyed a look at my own New Year's resolutions and I really hope you all have a wonderful 2017! Please let me know in the comments below what your resolutions are for this year! I'd love to hear all about them.


2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Faith! I love your word for 2017. I am hoping to make this year happy for me as well. I'm trying to live in the moment more and not let stress get to me as much. I also love the idea of a gratitude journal, so I'm hoping to keep up with one this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love "happy" as your word of the year!! I'm announcing mine on Friday :) And She Reads Truth is such a great devotional, love it!

    www.mollyonthemoveblog.com

    ReplyDelete