Monday, February 13, 2017

Why I Joined a Sorority // Collab with Delaney Hogg



Hey everyone! Today I'm going to talk a little bit about sorority life! As some of you may know, I founded the chapter of Sigma Alpha Omega Christian Sorority at UNCC. Because my sorority has become such a big part of my life I really wanted to share why I joined/ founded in the first place. This is obviously going to be a little bit more general and talk about why I joined a sorority in general, but because I founded a chapter, there was obviously something really special things about SAO specifically that made me want to join that I might mention as well. I'm also very excited because this post is a collaboration with Delaney Hogg. She is also talking about why she joined a sorority on her blog today so be sure to go check that out on her blog here. And I will also have all of her social media linked at the very end of the post! I hope you enjoy this look into my sorority life!


I joined a sorority because... 

I wanted a group of girls around me with the same values
My sorority is Christian so everything we do is backed by Christian values. My faith has become really important to me and I wanted to be a part of a group of girls that were like minded and felt the same way I do. I wanted to be a part of a group that would support those beliefs and I do think I found that in my sorority.

I wanted to make an impact on my campus and in the community
In my heart I've always wanted to do big things, but I always knew I'd never be able to do it alone. So I wanted to be a part of a group that had the ability to make an impact. My sorority definitely has that potential and I cannot wait to see it grow in this respect. 

I wanted to serve and advocate for a cause
I've always had a heart for volunteering and advocacy. So the fact that part of sorority life is service and philanthropy is so amazing and rewarding for me. I actually serve as the Service Committee Chair for my sorority which is super fitting.

I wanted to be a part of something bigger than myself
Growing up, I always struggled to have friends and often didn't quite fit in. So, I always wanted to belong to a group. This is totally normal for college kids I think. I took my time finding that group that worked best for me and then the opportunity to found SAO on my campus came along. It was really scary to jump into something like that, but I knew in my heart it was what I was supposed to do and I'm always reminded how great it is that I decided to take that leap!

I wanted to grow and learn
I know I'm not a perfect person and I know I'll always have a little bit of room to grow, so I really wanted to use a sorority to help me do that. There's a bunch of different girls and personalities I can learn from and I can also grow from the experiences we have as a group. Life lessons can be learned, maturity can be learned, and you can also learn things about yourself!

I really hope you liked seeing why I joined a sorority. Going Greek is such a big decision in college that I really think that the most information and tools people have the better informed their choice will be. I really love sharing about my sorority and sorority life with y'all and you can definitively count on seeing more stuff about it up on the blog. Also, be sure to check out Delaney's post and her social media! She;s super sweet and has some great content!


Delaney's...
Instagram: @delaneyhoggyt
Twitter: @delaneyhoggyt

Pinterest: @delaneyhoggyt



No comments:

Post a Comment