Friday, March 24, 2017

Friday Five



Hey everyone and Happy Friday! So this has been a super crazy week for me. My parents were out of town for the first half of the week and I had a ton of stuff (like work and school assignments) going on as well. So, it's not surprise that I am so excited that it's finally Friday and that the weekend starts tomorrow. I wanted to do something kind of fun to celebrate Friday and the weekend. Plus, I've really missed blogging since Spring Break. I was able to publish 3 different blog posts while I was on Spring Break but I haven't been able to post since. Therefore, I thought it would be really fun to do a "Friday Five" post where I share 5 things from this week that I have enjoyed or made me happy. Many bloggers do this as a series and post a "Friday Five" every week. I most likely will not be doing that, but if you enjoy this post you can definitively let me know in the comments below and I can do more "Friday Five" posts in the future!

So here's my Friday Five for this week! These are in no particular order.

Friday Morning Fit Dance
Because I was so busy most of the week I let myself skip working out for 3 or 4 days straight. Let me tell you, I could tell a major difference in myself! I just feel so much better and was so much happy when I'm getting some regular exercise. This morning I made it to a Fit Dance (or Zumba) and it made me really happy. At the end of the class I felt so good even though I was pretty tired. I'm so glad I went and that I learned first hand the importance of staying active

New Baseball Hat
When my mom and dad were out of town they got my sister and I each a monogrammed baseball hat. I've been really loving hats lately and this one was specially made for me so I got to picks what colors were used and even the style of monogram. I choose a peach hat with a black circle monogram because it's something different than the other monogrammed baseball hats I own but it's still super cute! I'm so thankful that my parents decided to get it for me. It was a great little present this week!

Blended Learning Professional Development Workshop
On Wednesday I went to a free professional development workshop through the College of Education at my university. It was all about blended learning and was put on by a school district that isn't far from the school. The information was really great. I really felt like I learned a lot when the workshop was over and even felt inspired to start thinking about how I can incorporate different things that we discussed into my own classroom and teaching in the future. In addition to that, the teachers and administrators that came to put on the workshop were amazing. They were so nice and good people to talk to! Lastly, the brought some food and also some goodies with the school systems name on them.

Reading "Buried Pray" by John Sanford
During the school year I don't have much time to read for myself. As a Special Education major and Sociology minor I do a lot of reading for school so I really let reading for full fall to the side. But a little while back I picked up a book at the library. It was covered in green paper with some descriptive words on it. You check out the book without knowing the title. I thought it seemed fun so I picked one out. I hadn't read much of it until I decided this week that I should read a little bit each night before bed as a way to wind down. I've been enjoying reading a lot and this book is also pretty good so far.

Wendy's Strawberry Lemonade
I ended up getting strawberry lemonade on both Monday and Wednesday this week. I was really craving it and there's a location on my campus that is super convenient. The strawberry lemonade is so good and exactly what I had needed during this crazy week. If you haven't tried it at Wendy's yet I so recommend it!

I hope y'all have enjoyed my very first "Friday Five" post and also getting to read about the things that made me happy this past week. Again, if you enjoy this post you can definitively let me know in the comments below and I can do more "Friday Five" posts in the future! I hope y'all have had a wonderful Friday and an amazing weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment