Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Brunch With Faith (July)



Hey everyone! I cannot believe that another month has passed us by! I think it's crazy to think about how fast this summer has gone by. Part of me is happy about this because I'm definitely looking for a break from this North Carolina summer heat and humidity.  But, anyway, I'm back with another installment of "Brunch With Faith" to tell y'all all about what I was up to during the month of July.

The beginning of the month started off pretty slow and really chill. If you read my "Brunch With Faith" post from the month of June you know that I stopped working about halfway through the month of June. So, when July started I was still enjoying my extra time by going to the gym, hanging out at the neighborhood pool, and obsessing over the current season of Big Brother (It is so good and I recommend anyone who isn't watching this year to catch up ASAP and jump on the bandwagon. It's seriously the best season in about 3 years!). We even had a super chill 4th of July.

I did participate in a 4th and final "Niner Night" for my sorority. This night went especially well! I was at our table with one of my sisters and we had the best time talking with each other and the incoming freshman girls. We had tons of girls interesting in possibly joining during fall recruitment and I really hope we see many of them at our recruitment events!

Then I ended up working a tiny bit because I babysat the little boy I was a nanny last summer. This was a bit different though because both of his parents were out of town. I picked him up from camp in the afternoon and stayed with him all night and then took him back to camp the next morning. Then, after he had a full day at camp,  I picked him back up and was with him for about 2 hours until his mom got home. I had never done this before and was a little bit nervous for how it would go. However, it ended up going great.

I also got to see the little boy I was a nanny for this year! I decided reach out to his mom and see if I could stop by for a few minutes one afternoon and she said yes. I brought him two little puzzles and had a blast putting them together with him. He seemed excited to see me and I loved seeing him. I also got to meet his new nanny who was so nice! I only stayed for about 20 minutes because I didn't want to disrupt their afternoon routine too much, but it was super great to be able to see him again.

I also have been buying stuff for my future classroom. It's something I know I probably shouldn't do but I really can't help myself. I've bought a set of decor stuff such as fans, tassels, and garlands to decorate; a message board; a poster; a "yay" balloon and more. It's just  so much fun for me to buy things and I have been getting everything either on sale or in the Target dollar spot so I have been getting a really good deal. Let me know in the comments below if you'd like to see a haul with some of my "teacher" purchases!

I thought I'd mention how my ankle is doing. For those of you that don't know, I sprained my ankle about 3 months ago in a car accident. Recovery hasn't been the fastest or easiest process for me, but I'm so happy to say that my ankle is doing so much better lately! I still feel some slight pain occasionally if I am super active and on it a lot, but it has been way less pain that before. I'm honestly just so thankful I have a God that is a healer and that this who process is moving along in His time.

Now, the biggest and probably most exciting thing that happened during the month of July- I went on vacation! My family and I rented a house a block from the beach in Carolina Beach for an entire week in the middle of the month. I personally had a blast! We had a pool we only had to share with one other unit so we spent lots of time at the beach and in the pool. We also went to the boardwalk along the beach multiple times and had a day trip in Wilmington. I have a few blog posts up about the trip that you can check out here and here as well as a vlog you can check out here if you're interested in seeing even more about my trip!

As far as what I've been watching- I  spent most of my time watching YouTube rather than actual TV shows (other than Big Brother of course, I just can't talk much more about it before y'all get tired of hearing about it- HAHA)
But I have been watching.....
Liza Koshy
David Dobrik
That One Happy Classroom
Pocketful of Primary

Do you watch any of these channels?! Let me know in the comments below! As far as August is concerned, it's going to be a busy month but also one that is going to be so much fun so be on the lookout for blog posts and updates all month! I really hoped you enjoyed seeing what I was up to during July, and don't forget to let me know what you've been up to in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment