Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Why I Went Back To Lilly Pulitzer Agendas


Hey y'all! I wanted to sit down and share with y'all about my new planner. I know it's a little bit late into August to be sharing about new planners because many started on August 1st, but there's still plenty of time to get one if you still want a new planner and I thought it would be a good time to talk about it with everyone preparing for back to school.


I really want to talk about why I went back to using a Lilly Pulitzer agenda for this year. But first, you're probably wondering what I was using before. Well, for my senior year of high school and the start of my college career I was using the Lilly but on Black Friday this year I found a planner by Recollections at Michael's for only $10. It was super cute and a great price so I went ahead and picked it up. It was great and I really enjoyed it but when summer rolled around and it got closer to August I realized that a 17 month planner that started in August was just way better for my life. As a college student my life basically runs August to May with the school calendar and I'm going to be a teacher post-graduation so my life will still follow that same flow.


So, I decided to look at planners again and for the most part I was super disappointed with what I was finding. A lot of planners I saw online were just too expensive for me (like between $50-$100). If that is something other people want to spend their money on, I totally understand that, but I'm just not one of those people. I also looked at The Happy Planner, because that's what my mom uses and she just loves, but was disappointed with those too. Not because there's anything bad about them, they are super cute and see like great quality. But, I just wasn't interested in putting dates in myself or decorating too much, which is what these planners are all about. I am someone who writes a lot and color codes a lot in my planner and didn't want to fuss with the extra stickers and stuff. Also, I couldn't find a horizontal layout in the bigger sizes that I wanted. They were all vertical which is something I just knew wouldn't work for me.


So, after a lot of thought I decided to go back to my trusted Lilly Pulitzer and here's why...

1// The jumbo is an awesome size for me- I got the large in the past but I am so glad I sized up.

2// I love all the designs and they are already printed on so no fuss!

3// It has a horizontal layout that I personally enjoy and look for in a planner.

4// The fact that it starts in August is best for my student/ teacher lifestyle.

I obviously understand that every person is different so everyone might need different things out of a planner. Not everyone is going to enjoy the same planners so I wanted to share why I like my Lilly Pulitzer and why I even decided to switch back. What planner are you using this year? What do you love most about it! Share with me about it in the comments! I seriously would love to talk planners with y'all:)

**This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own and all products were purchased with my own money

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I love love love planner posts! They make my little ocd-planner heart so happy. ;)
    And yes, I totally get the thing about not wanting vertical days! I'm so with you on that!
    Thanks for posting!
    elissa // letters-to-jayna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad someone else agrees with me about vertical layouts! I feel like I can't fit everything I want in them! Thanks for reading:)

      Delete