Sunday, November 5, 2017

Why Founding a Sorority Chapter Was One of The Best Things I've Ever Done


Hey everyone! Today I really wanted to talk about my experience of founding a chapter of Sigma Alpha Omega Christian Sorority, because it's literally been so awesome and the organization has become such a big part of my life. So I'm sharing with y'all 5 reasons founding a sorority chapter was one of the best things I've ever done.

I became apart of something so much bigger than myself 
Yes, founding a chapter was a big undertaking, but the fact that I was a part of it made be part of an organization that goes much further than our chapter, there's girls around the country a part of SAO that I get to call my sisters.

I became apart of SAO and UNCC history
It's so amazing to know that founding a chapter added to the history of SAO in the fact that we expanded the organization and added to the history of UNCC in that we expanded Greek Life on campus.

I gained so many new friends
These girls seriously became my friends quickly and it's so fun to know that we made friends and will continue to make friends with girls through the act of founding and growing this chapter.

I gained something to be excited about
If we're being honest, college isn't always fun and classes are not something you typically look forward to, but starting this chapter has created something I'm so excited to be a part of, something I can look forward to, and a safe place to have fun and talk about Jesus.

It's allowed me to be a leader
Starting a chapter requires a lot of leadership because there's a lot to be done. I got the chance to serve as my chapters Community Service Chair last semester. It's so fun to get the opportunity to lead in any capacity and I think my position was the perfect way to allow me to lead in our chapter and also allow me to grow.

I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you have any SAO related questions in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment